What do red yeast rice, Annurca apples, turmeric, flaxseed oil and olive oil have in common? Let’s find out what their properties are and what benefits they offer.
- European Food Safety Authority – Scientific opinion on the safety of monacolins in red yeast rice. EFSA Journal 2018;16(8):5368.
- Boyer J and Rui Hai Liu. Apple phytochemicals and their health benefits. Nutr J. 2004; 3: 5.
- Vafa MR, Haghighatjoo E, Shidfar F et al. Effects of Apple Consumption on Lipid Profile of Hyperlipidemic and Overweight Men. Int J Prev Med. 2011 Apr-Jun; 2(2): 94–100.
- Bradford PG. Curcumin and obesity. Biofactors. 2013 Jan-Feb;39(1):78-87.
- European Medicine Agency – Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC). Assessment report on Linum usitatissimum L., semen. 10 March 2015. EMA/HMPC/377674/2014
- Catapano AL, Graham I, De Backer G, et al. 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidaemias. Eur Heart J. 2016 Oct 14;37(39):2999-3058